VSO 100 Things: 97. Run a charity band night.

The Reason

In June 2009 I hit the big 2-0, making me realise how many things I'd been meaning to do but had simply never got round to doing; so I began making a list of 100 things I'd never done before. This challenge has taken me to the top of mountains, got me on national TV, put me through rather a lot of pain, and helped me raise hundreds of pounds for various charities. Every time I complete a task I'll update this blog by adding a picture as proof. So be sure to become a follower and track my progress!

12/02/2010

97. Run a charity band night.


As Co-Social Sec for the EWB Society at my University, I ran a charity band night at a local bar. Was possibly the most stressful few weeks at uni; bands pulling out, a last minute scrabble to find a PA system, but we did it! And the night was a huge success, raising £270 for charity! Of course a massive thanks to all four bands for putting on a great show, we can't wait to hold another one soon!

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle said...

Congrats on such a successful night! It's good to see that you've made list that included doing charitable activities rather than just those for personal gain. Good luck to you!