VSO 100 Things: 13. Shave my head.

The Reason

In June 2009 I hit the big 2-0, making me realise how many things I'd been meaning to do but had simply never got round to doing; so I began making a list of 100 things I'd never done before. This challenge has taken me to the top of mountains, got me on national TV, put me through rather a lot of pain, and helped me raise hundreds of pounds for various charities. Every time I complete a task I'll update this blog by adding a picture as proof. So be sure to become a follower and track my progress!

18/04/2011

13. Shave my head.


I decided to shave my head to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support, but to make it more interesting I gave everyone 2 weeks to donate money, and as soon as the £100 target was reached, off would come the barnet! On Sunday morning the goal was hit, which meant I booked an appointment at the hairdressers first thing on Monday. Luckily I had my housemate there to help me through the ordeal, but the deed is done and I've been told I don't look too much like a thug. Plus, within the last few days the total has more than doubled, currently standing at £307.82!

No comments: