VSO 100 Things: 8. Be vegan for a week.

The Reason

In June 2009 I hit the big 2-0, making me realise how many things I'd been meaning to do but had simply never got round to doing; so I began making a list of 100 things I'd never done before. This challenge has taken me to the top of mountains, got me on national TV, put me through rather a lot of pain, and helped me raise hundreds of pounds for various charities. Every time I complete a task I'll update this blog by adding a picture as proof. So be sure to become a follower and track my progress!

09/03/2010

8. Be vegan for a week.


I've completed my week of soya, substitutes, and synthetics! I wasn't sure exactly what Veganism was before this, so for those of you who also don't; it means having a diet and lifestyle that excludes the use of animals. It's shocking how many things you couldn't consume; soya replaced milk, butter, and mayo, no wearing leather or wool, while 'Sainsbury's Basic Chicken Curry Instant Noodles' were totally animal free! Don't think I'll carry it on though, it was very limiting. The picture above shows some of the Vegan products I bought.

No comments: